Friday, February 10, 2012

October 2011 to 11 Feb 2012

So the good news is I passed my last two classes of Physics w/ lab and Calculus 2.  I also passed ALS, so I can supervise now.  As a result of passing ALS, I completed my CCAF degree, so I now have 1 Bachelor's and 2 Associate's degrees.

The bad news is that, as soon as I finished my last two prerequisite classes to apply for AECP, the program was suspended indefinitely.  So now, Emilee and I are planning on entering Bachelor's degree programs (my second): hers in Accounting and mine in Information Technology, both through American Military University.  After completing, I'll apply for OTS.

Halloween went well.  The kids had fun trick-or-treating.  We took them through their first haunted house (which we thought was going to be for kids, but turned out to be pretty scary... scared me and Emilee both pretty bad). 

Thanksgiving was pretty well too.  We opened up our doors for the first time since the 11 September incident.  We had about 15 to 20 people this year.  Made for a fun time, lots of food, and some good fellowship.

Afterwards, we put up the tree and started decorating.  Our friend Miranda called, asking if we could watch her son because she was on her way to have her baby.  Elijah, him and Riley had a blast!

On Christmas day, Emilee got to see all the awesome gifts that I got for her this year, and I was surprised myself at the gifts she got me.  We also got a lot of great gifts from the families this year. 

January, Em and  I celebrated our 4-year-anniversary.  We're planning on taking leave from 24th Feb to 27th Feb to celebrate in Seoul and leave the kids with another Christian family.  It'll be nice to have some time without the kids to actually celebrate an anniversary the right way. 

January, I also started my 5-week Korean language class.  So far it's going well.  It's a great break from work.  I take my language test on the 23rd of February, as well as my new CDC test the same week. 

We've been getting some pretty good snows.  I can't wait til winter time is over.  Em and I are planning to enjoy our last summer here in Korea (at least for a while).  I go back to DOA Flight (since I've been in DOX for a year now) 1st of April, so I'm hoping to get new orders cut sometime in June or July so I can start outprocessing and figure out where we're going next.  We're hoping for either Georgia, Virginia, or Maryland (anywhere on the east coast).  We re-enlisted for 5 years, so we should be getting our re-enlistment bonus pretty soon.  We plan on buying a van with part of it as the down payment, and then paying off remaining debts and putting the rest into Savings.  The rest of the year looks like it will have a pretty good outlook.   

Well, guess that's it for now.  Less than a year left in Korea!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment