Sunday, September 23, 2012

July - September 2012

Alright, so I know it's been a while.. Emilee is doing better on her blog, so I guess I have to do better on mine now.. sheesh..

So since July, what is new, you ask?  Well, there are a few different things.. for one, we have currently been out of church due to a self-involved chaplain.  We cannot wait to get out of South Korea so we can actually dive back in to church and ministry.. of course, ministry never stops.  We still try to serve.  For instance, Emilee and I are doing games for AWANA's (Approved Workmen Are Not Ashamed).  

Next, I've turned in all my paperwork, received my orders at 122 days out, and already gone by the Travel Office to get us sync'd for household goods pickup in December and also get our airline reservations in October.  After we get our airline reservations, we'll be able to buy our tickets from San Francisco to North Carolina, so we'll have a much better forecast in October as to when/what time and day we'll be back in NC.

I just recently bought my first motorcycle helmet (thanks to momma Sue and daddy Dave for sending it to me since Amazon would not).  I'm scheduled to take my MSF course in October, then I can send my info in to the military DMV, and within 5 weeks, have my drivers license w/ my motorcycle endorsement shipped to me!

I'm currently saving up funds to get a new head gasket for my motorcycle (which my father in law is giving to me as long as I fix it up).  It's an 80's model Suzuki 750 cc Cruiser (beautiful!).  I can't wait to ride it!

Recently, I've experienced my pants shrinking (no, I'm not getting fat, just experiencing shrinking pants syndrome).  I jumped from about 143/145ish to 150 (but I'm pretty sure it's all muscle weight..)

We currently have about 100 days out until we PCS.  We've already turned in our application for housing in Monterey, CA (I'm going back as special duty to be an instructor for 4 years, get my 2nd CCAF degree, and also get my 2nd Bachelor's degree, a B.S. in Information Technology, then hopefully commissioning with it).

I also recently found out I will be testing for E-6 (Technical Sergeant) this February, so please keep us in your prayers!

Other than that, nothing much going on except getting the house ready for PCS and taking classes with my wife as we both continue pursuing degrees.

I'll try to keep better tabs on this blog.. sometimes, I get too busy, but will try to do better...

Be blessed!

~Brad~Bubba~Carlos~Fox~Daddy~Hubby~Sergeant~

Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment