Sunday, September 12, 2010

Family Update

Since last Wednesday (my last blog), nothing too much has happened. I worked Thursday, Friday and Saturday, then we went to worship practice on Saturday night, ate at Checkertails afterwards, then put the kids to bed. Since the other pianist came back from leave, I was able to sleep in on Sunday morning until 10:45 (it was GREAT). We went looking around the BX until time to practice before church.  We had a great service. The chaplain preached on Marriage and Divorce. Basically, God's plan for  you if you are married is this: STAY MARRIED. Do everything in your power to make it work.  Then, if you are divorced against your will, and your ex-spouse marries another, they have committed adultery on you and you are freed to marry again.  Adultery and death are the only two ways to be freed to remarry.  It was a great message, and a great service, but a tough sermon to deliver, no doubt.  The thing about Truth is, sometimes it's going to hurt. 

After church, Emilee and I took the worship band out to eat since it was Phillip's last Sunday with us and he's leaving for Japan this week. We all ate at the Mexican restaurant downtown, then we bought us some movies on the strip, and watched The Expendables once we got home and put the kids to bed.

Today, since I have the day off, we went and ran some errands  around base, turned in Riley's registration for school, shopped around the BX, ate lunch, walked around the BX again, then came home to rest before we had Riley's open house at the school at 5pm and then Emilee's PWOC (Protestant Women of the Chapel) meeting at 7pm.  I'm sitting here on the couch watching Transporter 2 while Emilee and the kids nap.

Catch ya later!

No comments:

Post a Comment