Monday, May 23, 2011

23 March 2011

Soooo it's been a while since I've blogged. It's been CRAZY since I've changed flights, but I realllly like my job. There was a guy in my shop who wanted to use me as the lowest guy on the totem pole even though I run around like I'm crazy trying to get stuff done... instead, he thought I should have been taking out his garbage and shredding his paperwork.  Welll, he's no longer in our shop.  Turns out my new flight chief saw him for what he was: lazy and useless in regards to work ethic.

Since I've been in DOX, my flight leadership have submitted me for awards. I've won the Performer of the Month for January 2011, Squadron Airman of the Quarter for 1Q 2011, Group Airman of the Quarter for 1Q 2011, and American Legion Spirit of Service Award for 480 ISR Wing for 2011.  We also won Squadron Team of the Quarter for 1Q 2011, but didn't get it at the Group level.

I'm currently in my 8th week of Calc 1 and 12th week of Chemistry w/ lab through American Military University, and finished Trigonometry not too long before I started both of these classes.

We just spend over $5,000 on plane tickets (all of our tax refund plus some) to go visit our families after a year and a half of not being home. They're going to FLIP when they see Riley and Elijah. Riley's hair and vocab are the only 2 things that have grown about her, and Elijah is a MUCH bigger boy than he was when they saw him last.  They both love to wrestle and play and watch movies.  Elijah is now 2 yrs old and Riley is 5 yrs old.

We also just ordered a tonneau cover for my truck (which just shipped to my inlaw's house today!) to make travel and storage easier for us while we are in visiting the families. We're planning on visiting some friends in Virginia and Georgia as well as North Carolina.

I also just took my Kor DLPT again and passed again, maintaining my score of 2+2+, so i didn't lose or gain any ground. Now I'm focusing my attention on Spanish so I can get my listening score up to par so I can get more money added to my paycheck.

Our goals right now consist of RELAXING and unwinding a bit on vacation, and also applying and getting accepted to the Airman Enlisted Commissioning Program (AECP) for FY12. My goal is to go back to college at NC State (ironic considering I graduated from UNC-Asheville) and get my 2nd bachelor's in Computer Engineering. This August, I'll also be pinning on E-5 and joining the junior NCO corps.

Every Thursday night, we cook food for friends at our house. Everyone brings something or donates money to make it happen. We view it as a time to relax with friends from work and church and get to know each other better.  We usually eat a LOT, put the kids to bed, and play Peanuts (one of the most fun-filled card games I've ever played in my life!). Can't wait to teach our families when we get home!

Well, that's it for now. I don't really have any more updates, but I look forward to having many many more once mid tour is over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment