So here are so really quick updates since last October:
October 2012
-Took kids trick-or-treating on Halloween (almost got rained out). Since we lived in the towers at Osan, we took them on every floor of our tower trick-or-treating. They got TONS of candy
November 2012
-Had some friends over for some Thanksgiving dinner. Had a blast! It was kind of like our last hoorah with them since we were starting to pack up like crazy people for the move
December 2012
-We went back and forth on whether to put up a Christmas tree due to our household goods being packed and removed on 26 December... we FINALLY decided to put up a small Christmas tree for the kids and let them open their presents before household goods were picked up.
19 December 2012
-I am relieved of duty (ROD) so I no longer had to go to work, just out-processing stuff.
26 December 2012
-Household goods were picked up and we moved from housing to TLF (temporary housing).
03 January 2013
-We left Korea from Incheon Int'l Airport and landed in San Francisco, then from SFO to Atlanta, Georgia where Emilee's parents picked us up in my truck (I was SOO happy to see it!)
January 2013
-We spent two weeks with my family, then two weeks with Emilee's parents and cousins. I ended up buying a gun (Springfield XD 40 cal) as well as my first motorcycle (Yamaha 2010 V-Star 950 Cruiser Touring). I also spent a lot of time with my little sister, Carleigh, and had a blast together! Also ended up eating with one of my favorite high school teachers and seeing a lot of old friends. We took mom, dad and Carleigh to Mall of GA Blvd for their very first time.
04 February 2013
-We started driving my truck pulling the trailor from NC to CA. Stopped in Arkansas to rest for the night, then start on our way again. Also stopped and ate at Cracker Barrel as our first restaurant on the way out in Tennessee. OH, and there was this car that was going NUTS all over the road, so Emilee used her giant lens on her camera to get the license plate, make and model, and we ended up calling 911 because they almost hit several vehicles (including an 18-wheeler). We led the cops right to the car. Crazy experience.
05 February 2013
-We continued driving from Arkansas through Oklahoma and stopped in New Mexico the second night to rest.
06 February 2013
-We continued driving from New Mexico all the way to our destination in California. YAYY, FINALLY ARRIVED!! I took the motorcycle off the trailer and drove it around a little to get used to the area. Spent a few days in-processing and FINALLY found us one of the new houses to live in (11 Feb) the same day we went to pick up the van. We moved in on Valentine's Day and then household goods arrived on 20 Feb.
March 2013
-Emilee turned 29!!!! HAHAHA!! I always joke with her about how she is older than me (though only by 4 months). We also ate at a LOT of our favorite places! We adopted two giant French lop rabbits from SPCA and have had a blast with them so far! They are HUGE!! We also received a great surprise visit from Fielding Stocksdale and Shua Allen before Field leaves the country with his wife and newborn child to enter the mission field.
-April 2013
-We are pretty much finished unpacking. I built Emilee a garden in our back yard, and I'm pretty much settled into my job and am loving it!! Em and I are both currently taking on line classes and will be for a LONG time to come, but are enjoying them. We're definitely ingrained at the chapel as I'm playing piano and we're both singing again (love working with our dear friend, Stephen, who we worked with the last time we were here). All in all, life is great and we're having a blast!!
That's it for now! God bless!
~Brad
No comments:
Post a Comment