One of the greatest feelings in the military is when you make rank.. and I just found out last night that I passed my Staff Sergeant test and my line number is 12532 (which means I'll probably be sewing stripes on sometime next year, BUT i'm still sewing on!!). Emilee and I were so excited we had to call and tell some people.. some of which included her parents, my parents, and my uncle Skip (who was the first person I ever spoke with when I first started thinking about joining the Air Force).
So yes, I am one of the newest Staff Sergeant Selects in the Air Force and am looking forward to seeing where God takes us from here!
Some other cool updates:
August 31 - Emilee and I are going to try to start a youth Praise and Worship band here at Osan AB (between grades 6 and 12) and try to get them geared up for serving in their futures to come.
August 28 - Emilee and I are venturing to the DMZ (we will take pictures). For those who do not know, the DMZ is a line that divides the Korean peninsula since 1950's (after the war and the armistice agreement was signed). It is now a site for many to go see what was caused by the Korean war and to see the division that still exists between the North and the South.
No comments:
Post a Comment