Hi everyone,
Welcome to my blogspot! My wife, Emilee, has introduced me to this, and since I'm really missing being able to preach/speak/teach other Christians, and I'm really missing hearing how they are growing in our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, I decided to give this project my best attempt and hopefully I can keep it up to date and relevant. I also feel this will be good writing practice for me as I hope someday that God will allow me to become an author of at least one book that is filled so much with His Spirit and His love that people will feel pulled to be reconciled to the God we have become so far a part from. I hope this blog blesses you, makes you laugh, cry, be frustrated, broken, filled with joy, peace, and helps to lead you to question what so many Christians take from their church leaders at face value. In finishing, Paul spoke of his mission trip to Berea and he said there were two things that impressed him, and made them more noble in his view than all the other places he had visited: (1) They accepted the preaching of the Word with an open heart and open mind.. simply put, they listened, they heard... they paid attention! (2) They didn't stop there. After church, they went home to study the scriptures themselves to see if the preacher's message was true or not! I challenge you to not take what you hear as ultimate Truth JUST because a "preacher" or "pastor" says it.. No matter what a person's title, they are equally capable of being as right or as wrong as any of us. I challenge you to LISTEN to their messages fully, but then STUDY the Word, ASK questions, TRULY PRAY about it, and THEN when the Spirit leads you to the Truth, you will KNOW then and only then what AUTHENTIC TRUTH is.. May God bless you along this journey if you should choose to take it with me...
No comments:
Post a Comment